Thursday, September 6, 2012

Scientist convinced God heard his prayers

-- Didn't find God through Scientific Evidence --

In 1999, I had just gone through a divorce, and knew I would not be able to take care of my son while working a night job.  I had worked in the inpatient psychiatry wing at Providence Hospital for 30 years.  So I quit the job in April and started to look full time for a job as a teacher.  I had interviewed in a number of parochial schools.  Shrine, St. Benedict, some others.  After two months without a bite, I panicked.  I applied for a summer camp teaching job at Roeper School for the Gifted in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan and got it.  Science teacher (my specialty).  At the end of the summer camp, on its last day, a friend asked me where I was working in the fall and I said, “Nowhere”.  It was unnerving to say so.

I called home and found a message on the answering machine from Eton Academy in Birmingham, and I called them back from Roeper’s campus.  Evidently they had remembered me from one of the gratis science presentations I had put on in my spare time for them... 


(Read the rest at Wtness.org)

Jim Kaczor, Birmingham, Michigan


No comments:

Post a Comment