Thursday, June 21, 2012

Quiet Heros Who Don’t Make the News


When I just live my life normally I don’t even notice them.  But when I pay attention, I see more evidence of quiet Christian heros than I expected I should.  Here are three.

Art by Julie Lonneman
 One day I was driving to work at 6:30am and passed by a Walgreens where the local blind beggar named Frank normally sits and sells pencils all day (yes, that is still done in some places).  What was different was that he was surrounded by all of his earthly belongings… two jammed suitcases, a wheelchair, and about 7 huge black garbage bags full of stuff.  I was concerned about what this meant, but had to make my car pool appointment, so I didn’t stop.  That night at 6:30pm he was still there.  The next morning and next morning at 6:30am he was still there with all his stuff.  I was sure he had been kicked out of his living arrangement because he couldn’t pay the rent... 


(Read the rest at Wtness.org)

No comments:

Post a Comment