Saturday, June 18, 2011

Daily Bread - doesn't mean food?

I find that I have been leaning on God/Jesus more since January than in most past years.  I made a New Year’s resolution to spend quality time with God every day.  While I haven’t done that every day, I’ve done that perhaps 2/3 of all days.  That’s only 6 months, and I find that the prayer has changed in nature from something that seems a bit like a routine or chore to something that seems like talking to a friend.  A few times it felt like talking to God was becoming something akin to eating food.  A requirement for daily sustenance.  Something needed to stay healthy.  “My daily bread”.  I had never understood this before.  I got some added meaning from that phrase.  So often, the pressures of the world and dealing with certain people who are hard to deal with can wear down my patience and increase my irritability.  Only spending time with the Lord brings it down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment