Tuesday, October 23, 2012

“Take Care of the Needs of Others”

About a month ago, while praying on my couch at home, I heard I ‘voice’ (not audible, ‘heard’ in the back of my head) which I have come to recognize as the Lord’s voice say, “Think less about your own needs.  Think more about others’ needs.  You take care of their needs and I’ll take care of yours.”


Soft, confident, authoritative.  Not dictatorial.  Loving.  Friendly. Knowing. 

As usual, it said a lot in a little.  Here are all the things it said to me (in addition to the direct and obvious message):

  •  It reinforced the idea that as a Christian, I must die to myself.  (John 12:24, Luke 9:23)
  •  It reinforced the idea that the time I spent worrying can and should be replaced with action to meet the needs of others, and that it will render the worry useless.  (Luke 12:22, Matt 10:19)
  •  It helped me to trust more in the Lord’s promise to...



(Read the rest at Wtness.org)

To read more stories like this, click the link "Sound of God's Voice" below this posting, in the Categories area.

No comments:

Post a Comment