Sunday, July 8, 2012

Unusual coincidence inspires young lady to produce a play by the former Pope

Danielle and Co-Star Daniel Hennessey
A few months ago, Danielle Center, 25, an administrative assistant in the Detroit Archdiocesan Office of Digital Media, was considering doing a production of the play “The Jeweler’s Shop”, a play written in 1960 by Karol Wojtyla, the Polish priest who would later become Pope John Paul II.  She was still undecided when she went to a Lenten retreat in Chicago, which includes the opportunity to go to Confession.

“So, there I was, waiting for my turn to confess, examination of conscience in hand. For some reason, the fellow next to me began chatting about his life in Toronto, and we discovered we both enjoyed theatre. I posed the question, ‘If you were to perform any play with your friends, what play would it be?’

“In the next breath, he turned and said, ‘Without a doubt, “The Jeweler’s Shop.”’ And then I laughed and told him I was taking this conversation as a sign...


(Read the rest at Wtness.org)

This story posted with permission from Danielle Center.

1 comment:

  1. Robin M Wolf wrote in,
    "being "the man from Toronto," I think this is pretty cool..."

    ReplyDelete