Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Prayers of Father Solanus Casey Helped to Cure My Father and Father-In-Law

Although I never knew Father Solanus Casey personally, I feel like he has touched my life in two very special ways.  Both my father and my father-in-law (who sadly is no longer with us) had experienced the special blessings of our loving God at the hands of Father Solanus on two very remote occasions (my father and my father-in-law had never met and did not know each other).
   
Allow me to begin with my father’s story.  In 1928, as a child at the mere age of two, Ralph (my dad) had contracted a severe case of appendicitis.  So horrific was it that the appendix had burst in several places.  Gangrene had set in which in turn resulted in peritonitis (an inflammation of the peritoneum, the thin tissue that lines the inner wall of the abdomen and covers most of the abdominal organs).  Keep in mind this was 1928.  The medical field was not nearly as advanced as it is now.  So severe was his condition that two doctor’s would not so much as attempt to operate.  One doctor told my grandmother not to hold onto too much hope; the situation was grim.  The doctor told her that he could “clean him up” as best he could to try and relieve the pain, but dad’s outlook was bad.  Heart-broken, my grandmother met with Father Solanus on a couple of occasions to ask his for his prayers.  Father Solanus and my grandmother prayed and he gently and kindly assured her not to worry; all would be well... 



(Read the rest at Wtness.org)

Buddy Michaels

No comments:

Post a Comment