Saturday, November 19, 2011

After 26 years, his belief in Medjugorje is still as strong

Just a quick note to say that I wrote an email to Wayne Weible, the man who wrote the book Medjugorje, The Message (see my post from Nov. 4).  I wanted to tell him I would like to tell a few more people about the amazing spiritual events happening there in the former Yugoslavia.  He wrote back ...


Thank you so much. I feel the same today as when it started.
My best wishes and God bless.
Wayne
This does not surprise me, given that Wayne, a casual Lutheran in the newspaper business who after hearing about the apparitions of the Virgin Mary in 1985 and having several personal encounters with the supernatural, decided to commit the remainder of his life to getting out the message about Medjugorje.  However, it does impress upon me that this must be absolutely captivating to him for him to be able to say that, now 26 years after he first encountered the Blessed Mother of Jesus himself. 

How many times have I, or others, after having encountered a small miracle and cherishing it for a few months, slipped slowly back into the real world of work, family, friends, chores, and entertainment?

What does this mean for the rest of us?  It means to me that her message of conversion back to her son Jesus must be something for us to keep at our side throughout every minute of our real world of work, family, friends, chores, and entertainment.  I think we must ask ourselves:  1.  Am I reflecting positively on God?   2.  Am I treating my neighbor as myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment