Friday, September 30, 2011

He plans to stay in difficult marriage

I'm certainly not going to name my friend in this posting.  But I do want to applaud him for his position.  He was telling me about an extremely difficult marriage situation, obviously not happy. But after hearing the whole story, he, another Catholic, took the bold stance of saying, "But I believe God wants me to stay in this marriage no matter what, and make the best of it, and try my hardest.  So that's exactly what I plan to do. If God for some reason has a purpose for living with a B**ch the rest of my life, I accept that cross.  But obviously I'll be doing a lot of praying and a lot of working at making it better."

THAT is the spirit of Jesus showing up in my friend.

Related Bible verse:  "So they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate."   Matt 19:6

No comments:

Post a Comment